Sunday, August 18, 2013

Plum cheesecake


Plums are very healthy and we should eat them now, in autumn. My home-grown sages follow me and tell me such stories full of wisdom. Then they make sure I carry home kilos of fruit from the market. Later I wage war on fruit flies invading my kitchen. And after a while I desperately look for ways to use the plums, looking more miserable every day...












"Plum cheesecake"

- 500g plums
- packet of red jelly (Polish kind)
- 3/4 glass sugar
- 3/4 glass soured cream
- 1 kilo cheese- I used half ricotta half mascarpone 
- 5 eggs
- 2 packs vanilla pudding
- 3 tbsp grouts (semolina)

Prepare the jelly according to indications on packaging, add stone- free plums cut into halves. 

In the kitchen robot mix the cheese with the rest of ingredients. Pour the mixture into a baking tin lined with aluminium foil, if the tin is round, as the mixture is fairy liquid. 
Place the plums with jelly on top. Bake for an hour in 180 C. 

It is a really tasty cheesecake, especially if kept in the fridge for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment