Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Multicoloured semolina

Multicoloured semolina

My sons look down on me. In the physical sense of course... although who knows what they're thinking.  Perhaps the taller the wiser? Lets let life itself verify it;-) Still, both of them come to me sometimes asking to cook semolina for them. Seems easy enough. Yet what are the perfect proportions?












"Multicoloured semolina"


Semolina

- 1/2 litre milk
- 4.5 tbsp semolina 
- a pinch of salt
- tsp butter

To colour:
- yolk
- red fruit juice
- cacao

Start heating the milk, put semolina stirring continuously to avoid clusters and salt lightly. When semolina starts getting thick add a table spoon of butter to give it velvety flavour. 

Yellow: take off the heat and add yolk stirring energetically to avoid clusters. 

Brown: add cocoa and stir

Pink: pour in some juice and stir. 

Seems so easy yet so much fun. I fed all my small eater cousins with such mixtures. I was only praying they would not ask for blue;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment