Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pear tart

Pear tart

My piano teacher told me to learn only left hand for revolutionary étude by heart. Left ONLY. That's worse than rote learning for three hands! Boring. Everything repeats with only small modifications and I am supposed to remember where. With the right dynamic, of course. So I prepared Bach. Apparently each lesson is to begin with Bach, like in this song;-)
I needed to get rid of this first impression so I baked a pear tart. It will help the lesson start smoothly, I hope:-)









"Pear and yogurt tart"

- 4 peeled pears, cut in halves and deseeded
- juice of one lemon
- 100 g sugar
- 2 tbsp butter

- 230 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp powdered chilli
- 2 eggs
- 130 ml thick yogurt
- 140 g butter
- 150 g sugar
- vanilla flavour

Sprinkle the pears with lemon juice and cook in a pot with 2 tbsp of butter and 100 g sugar for circa 15 minutes. 
Mix butter and sugar until smooth, add eggs, the other dry ingredients, flavour and yogurt. 

Leave the pears to cool down, put in a buttered tin, pour in the rest of the caramel. Place the dough on top and put in a preheated oven. Bake for circa 50 minutes in 180-190 C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment