Thursday, August 15, 2013

Fried halloumi cheese for breakfast


Anita and Edyta came to see me. I was really looking forward to their visit, not only because I could imagine a few days if visiting nice places and chats until dawn;-) I also knew that Anita would take over the kitchen! I love her ideas for delicious dishes although, or perhaps because, she refuses to eat meat.  Breakfast was easy: halloumi cheese with spicy sauce that was not really that hot.  Anita claims it is thanks to the lemon juice. It is always like that...

"Fried halloumi cheese"

- a cube of cheese
- good quality olive oil
- 2 chillies
- freshly squeezed juice of one lemon

Slice the cheese and roast without oil in a frying pan. Chop finely the chillies and fry in olive oil. Serve the cheese on a plate, pour the oil on top and add the lemon juice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment