Saturday, September 14, 2013

Yeast croissants with jam

Yeast croissants with jam

I am afraid to bake them as it means  facing a strong temptation. One I cannot resist. I can resist a cake, I can resist a tart... but yeast croissants? With their scent, falsely modest size, and aromatic filling? No, that's too much for me. I do not even try to resist, there's no use. Fortunately, my daughter's boyfriend fell into the same trap and devoured half of them alone:-)!












"Yeast croissants with jam"


- 1 kilo wheat flour
- 1 glass sugar
- 60 g yeast
- 1 1/2 glass warm milk
- 2 eggs + 2 yolks
- 250 g butter or margarine
- home-made preserves or jam for filling

Dissolve the yeast in milk with a tsp sugar. When the mix starts to react pour it into a mixer and add eggs, egg yolks, and flour. Blend well and add 250 g melted butter/margarine towards the end. Put the mix in a bowl and wait for it to rise. 
Divide the dough into parts and form circles with a rolling pin.  Cut them into triangles. Place a tbsp of preserve on wider ends and roll, folding the edges to form crescents.  
Place in a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 15 minutes in  180 - 190 C.

No comments:

Post a Comment