Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Apple pie for cloudy autumn


Apple pie for cloudy autumn


I may not have put up a new recipe for a week but it dies not mean I have been lazy. On the contrary. I hardly left the kitchen as I had a house full of  those I love the most... It also means that I was browsing well-tested and well-loved recipes. Only yesterday I found an almost forgotten recipe for a traditional apple pie :-) There are two kinds apparently: we either add cooked or fresh apples... so?










"Apple pie for cloudy autumn"

- 2.5 kilo sour apples 
- 4 glasses flour
- 250 g butter
- 4 yolks
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 glass sugar, almost full
- 4 tbsp soured cream

Prepare the dough: sprinkle your working surface with flour, add butter, baking powder, cream, sugar, and eggs. Blend ( I used a kitchen robot).  Wrap most of the dough in foil and put in the fridge. Wrap the rest and put in a freezer. In the meantime peel the apples and remove seeds, grate. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Flatten the dough  with a rolling pin and put in a greased and floured tin.  Puncture with a fork and bake for 10 minutes in the oven. Place grated apples on top and decorate with the rest of frozen dough, grated. Bake in 180 C for  ca. 40-45 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment