Saturday, August 20, 2011

"My Grandmother's cheese"

I come from Poznan. People in this town do not spend money without good reason.Therefore, my grandmother's refrigerator was always neat and orderly. But what do you do with that random piece of old cheese that always ends up lying around for too long? My grandmother would make it into a nice treat. And we would have to eat it all ;)










"My Grandma cheese"

- 1 pound of fresh white cheese
- 1 yolk
- 1 big spoon of butter
- salt, pepper

Crumble the cheese into small pieces. Leave it for one, two days.. It smells badly ;).
Put butter on a pan, melt it over a fire and put the cheese made earlier on it. Wait until the cheese will be melted as well. Add a yolk, salt and pepper.
Poor melted cheese into a bowl and wait until it is cooler. If possible cool it in a fridge.
Eat with fresh bread!

1 comment:

  1. But fresh cheese never lasts very long in our home! I shall hide some in a cupboard...

    ReplyDelete